Childcare terms and conditions
The document and the terms and conditions within it govern the basis on which Kingswood Daycare Nursery agrees to provide childcare services to parent(s)/guardian(s) (referred to as ‘you’).
Only a parent/guardian with parental responsibility for a child can register that child for a childcare place with us. We will ask to see your child’s birth certificate, or other relevant documentation, to confirm that you have parental responsibility for the child as part of our registration process.
Parents/Guardians are strongly advised to read the following terms and conditions thoroughly. You are reminded that having signed the application form to register your child with Kingswood Daycare Nursery you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions as stated. Within the terms and conditions ‘the nursery’ is Kingswood Daycare Nursery or any other of its holding companies. We reserve the right to change hours, fees or terms and conditions without notice to facilitate the safe and effective running of the nursery.
- Admissions are based on a first come first served basis. If the nursery is full then a waiting list system will be in operation whereby all paperwork for admission is signed and completed and a non-refundable registration fee £50.00 is paid to guarantee the next available place. We will inform you as soon as a place becomes available. If you do not confirm within a week that you will take the place, it will be withdrawn.
- All fees will be billed by Kingswood Daycare Nursery Limited. All payments are due by the 8th of each month in advance and must be paid in time to secure your child’s place. Fees may be paid by standing order, direct debit, cheque, or workplace nursery vouchers. Fees are payable in all cases of non-attendance. It is not possible to arrange for a child to ‘make up’ time in the case of an absence from nursery. Children can attend extra sessions by prior arrangement with the Manager.
- When parents sign up for a place at Kingswood Daycare Nursery, we require a deposit and registration fee. If parents decide not to accept a place after they make a commitment to the nursery for any reason the nursery will not refund the deposit or registration fees. If parents take the place, the child must attend at minimum 1 month, after which they must give nursery 8 weeks’ notice. Once they leave and have made all payments the deposit will be refunded by cheque or BACS.
- In cases of overdue fees, the Nursery shall be entitled to charge interest and compensation at the rates prevailing from time to time under the ‘Late Payment of Commercial Debts -Interest- Act’ on any sum, as well as before or after any Judgment, not paid by the parent by the due date. An administration fee of £25.00 will also be payable together with any charges made by our bank arising out of the non-payment of any standing order / direct debit or cheque. Any reminders for non-payment of fees will incur a fee of £25.00 per reminder. Kingswood Nursery reserves the right to refuse a child entry if the monetary sum outstanding is not being paid in accordance with nursery terms.
- We offer a 10% reduction for any siblings – based on 5 full days of attendance per week. This offer will expire once a sibling leaves the Nursery and a 10% discount for a child attending 5 days. This offer is not applicable to children on funded hours.
- Children under the age of 2 must attend Kingswood Daycare Nursery for the full 51 weeks a year.
- If you wish for your child to attend 2 full days a week, one of those days will need to be a Friday.
- Training our staff is of high priority to us to ensure your children receive the best education and care. The Nursery will close 2 days per year for staff training, these days will be the same each year, these are the first Monday of the October half term and the first Friday of the February half term. Fees remain payable during these times.
- Kingswood Day care Nursery will be closed on all public and Bank holidays, as well as five working days during the month of December. (Christmas) The last day before the Christmas break, the nursery will close at 2pm. All fees remain payable during these times.
- Kingswood Day care Nursery operates 51 weeks of the year, however, should the nursery close due to reasons outside the nurseries control and not of fault of the nursery including, government-imposed closures, Acts of God, Natural Disasters and or Extreme Weather conditions, nursery fees will remain payable during these periods.
- Home food or packed lunches will not be permissible at Kingswood Day Care Nursery. The nursery has a strict policy of providing hot meals for all children. Each child’s dietary requirements will be catered for by the nursery. Please ensure you have informed Kingswood Day care Nursery of your child’s specific requirements.
- A rate of £15 will be charged for every 15 minutes that any child is collected later than their pre-arranged time, and £50 for every hour thereafter or part there of as this can severely affect the staffing ratios, as laid down by Ofsted, requiring us to pay staff for remaining on duty beyond their normal hours. Parents are expected to inform nursery as soon as possible when running late. See collection policy.
- Parents are asked to provide a full change of clothing to be kept at nursery for emergencies. Also, any creams for nappy rash and sun cream. Parents will be contacted to collect the child in case of any accident when an extra pair of clothes it not provided.
- Fees will be reviewed annually in April, and you will be informed accordingly of any fee change. If you intend to remove your child from Kingswood Day care Nursery or reduce their hours of attendance, a minimum of 2 month’s written notice / one month’s fees in lieu of notice is required.
- Children/families may be suspended or given notice at the discretion of the management, such reason for this includes behaviour by you or your child which is deemed by us to be unacceptable or affect the well-being of other children in the nursery. Any suspension will continue while we address these problems with you. In the event of your child being suspended fees will be credited for that period. If the suspension lasts for more than one month either party may terminate this agreement by giving one months’ notice.
- You will immediately inform us if your child is suffering from any contagious illness, and to prevent the spread of infection to other children, not allow them to attend the nursery. The nursery reserves the right to refuse entry to any child which the nursery manager considers to be unwell or suffering from any contagious or infectious complaint. If your child becomes ill during nursery, we will attempt to contact you. If we are unable to contact you, we will contact the authorised people on your enrolment form. The nursery staff may act in loco parentis for the child in case of illness, accident, or emergency. Staff will take such actions as the manager sees fit, including hospitalization, whether the parents or next of kin have been informed. Under these circumstances, in case of any absences, fees are still payable for non-attendance.
- We have the obligation to report to the relevant authorities’ circumstances where we consider a child may have suffered neglect or abuse, we may do so without your consent and without informing you.
- I acknowledge the use of CCTV/WEBCAM system in the nursery for monitoring and security purposes. I agree that images on the system may be stored by the nursery for up to 21 days or longer if required as evidence in any investigation or inquiry.
- I agree to the use of relevant marketing material such as photographs of my child at Kingswood Daycare Nursery for advertising including the use of interne marketing and other types of marketing for advertising of the Nursery. Photographs or images: only by signing the acceptance form or agreeing to these terms and conditions according to GDPR, (General Data Protection Regulations), 2018.
- No pets will be allowed into the nursery premises without prior written consent.
- Nursery uniform is compulsory for children 2 -5 years of age. Children not wearing uniform will be sent home.
- New funding forms for the term will be expected to be signed by parent/carer before each term starts. Parents receiving 30 hours funding will be required to inform the management of any changes in circumstances, they must revalidate their codes in-order to continue receiving their funding. If parents will be using the tax-free childcare, management must be informed prior to using this service, parents must allow 8 working days for this payment to be received by the nursery after being actioned for nursery to receive payments.
- For safeguarding reason parents/carers are expected to personally sign child register every day. If anyone else is to collect they must bring photo identification with them after parents inform the nursery of the change in collection.
- Parents are expected to label child’s belongings; Kingswood Nursery cannot be held responsible.